You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-04 23:08:34

keineeile

Audiocodec hwC0D0: Realtek - CPU: 100%

Hi guys,

Today I did the upgrade with the move to /usr/bin and it all worked fine. During the same update, the kernel got updated from 3.9.3 to 3.9.4, and I moved from grub to grub2 (something I planned for quite a while).
Rebooting, everything seems to be working just fine. However, I noticed, that my laptop temperature suddenly is a lot higher than before (~30 °C higher).

Running "top" didn't show any process that's taking up a lot of CPU or something. Running "powertop" however, showed me, that "Audiocodec hwC0D0: Realtek" is taking up all of the CPU, and thus (I assume) causing my laptop to heat up. In googling this issue I found only a couple relevant pages, and they suggested blacklisting some of the snd-* modules in /etc/modprobe.d/. I tried that in various combinations of the modules, but nothing helped, always the same as before.

I also tried downgrading the kernel to 3.9.3 and also to 3.9.2, but that didn't seem to have done anything...

Analysing the output of dmesg for stuff relating to realtek or snd didn't give anything, same for journalctl -xb... anybody any idea?

Also, I wasn't sure which subforum to post this, since I'm not sure what the problem is (kernel/hardware/some application/???)...

Thanks in advance for any help!

keineeile

PS:
uname -a:

Linux archlinux 3.9.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 25 16:14:55 CEST 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Board footer