You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-06 03:45:35

cheesecakeh

Dual Booting Win7 and Arch, Network Configuration

Hi all.  New to Arch and Linux (but learning!).  I installed Windows 7 on the computer first, followed by Arch.  Everything seems to have installed fine (i have completely run through the Beginner's guide), with one exception - the network configuration got messed up somewhere, as I can't get seem to get internet while running Windows.  I am capable of pinging google while running Arch, but cannot on Windows.  Not sure where I messed up, please advise.  Let me know what information you need (and, if it's not very obvious, how I can find it) and I promise to post back ASAP.

EDIT: Connecting to the internet through both wireless and wired connections worked before installing Arch.  Now, it'll still say "Connected", but with "No Internet Access"

Last edited by cheesecakeh (2013-06-06 15:56:35)

#2 2013-06-06 07:46:58

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Dual Booting Win7 and Arch, Network Configuration

Google for rfkill, that's a possibility.

cheesecakeh wrote:

(and, if it's not very obvious, how I can find it)

That's not how it works with Arch......

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2013-06-06 08:08:10

skualito

cheesecakeh wrote:

...the network configuration got messed up somewhere, as I can't get seem to get internet while running Windows.  I am capable of pinging google while running Arch, but cannot *on Windows*.

Install the drivers for your network cards under Windows? Doesn't seem archlinux related...

#4 2013-06-06 15:49:47

cheesecakeh

ngoonee wrote:

Google for rfkill, that's a possibility.

cheesecakeh wrote:

(and, if it's not very obvious, how I can find it)

That's not how it works with Arch......

I meant more in the example of: You needed to see how a certain config file was set up; I was unsure of which one you meant, you just say the directory so I can pull the information you need.  Ran rfkill, nothing was blocked.

skualito wrote:
cheesecakeh wrote:

...the network configuration got messed up somewhere, as I can't get seem to get internet while running Windows.  I am capable of pinging google while running Arch, but cannot *on Windows*.

Install the drivers for your network cards under Windows? Doesn't seem archlinux related...

Wireless/Wired connections were working prior to Arch install, sorry - should've mentioned that.  Unless you mean to reinstall the drivers, as Arch might have messed with something (not sure how that would affect drivers though)?

#5 2013-06-06 16:01:03

cheesecakeh

Heeeey, I'm an idiot.  Just had to manually set my IP address/mask/gateway on Win7.  Not sure what caused this. Thanks anyway!

Board footer