You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-13 08:22:23

alexmat

azureus not starting

grabbed the latest release, run azureus and it just hangs... it creates the .Azureus directory if I delete it, but the gui never comes up. I have the latest j2re. Any advice?

#2 2005-11-13 09:50:28

arooaroo
Website

Re: azureus not starting

When you run this from the command-line, do you get any  messages? There may be some clues there.

How recently did you install? There was some discussion about the Azureus PKGBUILD being changed as it contained incorrect dependencies. Maybe the latest version hadn't hit your mirror yet. Remove and re-install could do the trick.

In the meantime, you could just grab the official tarball from the azureus website and run it until we solve your problem with the AL package.

#3 2005-11-13 12:52:29

alexmat

I did a reinstall with:
Targets: swt-3.1-2 azureus-2.3.0.4-2

which appears to be the latest from pacman. I ran azureus from commandline and there are still no messages being displayed. I ctrl+c to quit after a while.

It did create a .Azureus directory and there is nothing in the .Azureus/logs directory. I can run java just fine.

I will try the official azureus jar later today and report back if it worked.

#4 2005-11-13 14:26:38

arooaroo
Website

I don't know then. I don't have access to my Arch box at the moment to investigate myself. I know that I use the official jar myself but I can't remember if that was because I was wanting an uptodate release or if there was a problem with Arch's package.

For me, the official package works, so you should get along fine with that for now.

#5 2005-11-14 01:15:48

alexmat

Looks like it's a Java issue for me. Any java app with a gui hangs. I posted a bug report here: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/3472

Also while searching the forums I noticed a post that has similar symptoms: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … light=java

#6 2005-11-14 10:17:44

arooaroo
Website

Hmm...

I can't think what the problem is. Java works fine for me and I'm up to date.

You could go for the official package from Java just to do a test that it's Arch's j2re package that is at fault.

That previous post that you refer to seems funny. He reports that Jacman works ok - which uses a Swing GUI!

I can't think what could be causing this unless you've installed a corrupt package. Official package is the best step in my opinion to ensure it's an Arch problem.

#7 2005-11-20 10:56:04

alexmat

I found the problem. Or better yet, the problem found me. My laptop harddrive started dying since last week. It died completely yesterday... I'm pretty positive the problem I was having was from that because arch linux java works great on every other machine I use.

Thanks for trying to help me smile

Board footer