You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-11 06:44:37

kkeller

Surface Pro Wifi Issues

I'm currently running Arch on my Surface Pro, and I'm having an issue with the wifi. I'm using wpa_supplicant with wpa_gui, and whenever I connect using the mwifiex_usb module, it works for a bit (like 3 minutes), then it stops working and I have to reboot and start again. Can anyone help me get the wifi working properly? Also, if I try to start wpa_gui, it just says "Cannot get status from wpa_supplicant." I checked if wpa_supplicant was running, and everything is fine with that. I always have to start it from terminal. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by kkeller (2013-06-11 06:46:02)

#2 2013-06-11 20:28:39

kkeller

Re: Surface Pro Wifi Issues

kkeller wrote:

I'm currently running Arch on my Surface Pro, and I'm having an issue with the wifi. I'm using wpa_supplicant with wpa_gui, and whenever I connect using the mwifiex_usb module, it works for a bit (like 3 minutes), then it stops working and I have to reboot and start again. Can anyone help me get the wifi working properly? Also, if I try to start wpa_gui, it just says "Cannot get status from wpa_supplicant." I checked if wpa_supplicant was running, and everything is fine with that. I always have to start it from terminal. Thanks in advance.

So I figured out the issue with wpa_gui. It was because every time I boot I have to run

sudo modprobe -r mwifiex_usb && sudo modprobe mwifiex_usb

When I run that, wpa_gui works, but the problem with it disconnecting after a few minutes and having to reboot still persists. Also, if I don't run that, and try to connect with wpa_supplicant in terminal, my computer shuts off instantly and reboots. If you need any more info to help me, please tell me.

Last edited by kkeller (2013-06-11 20:32:40)

#3 2013-06-12 18:01:00

kkeller

Re: Surface Pro Wifi Issues

I forgot to mention that the chipset in the Surface Pro is a Marvell 88W8797.

Board footer