You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-17 11:36:28

Adarth

Need a way to automaticaly edit music tag when transfering music

Hello there!

I use Clementine to manager my music, which I sort by album_artist tag, but my phone (Nokia E72)  only support the artist tag, therefore I'm looking for way to automatically copy the album_artist tag to the artist tag when i transfer my music to my phone.

* I don't want to switch to a artist sorting on my pc, the album_artist tag allow a better management of the album made by several artists
* I don't care if i must switch to another  music manager.
* I know banshee allow boo scripting, but i haven't really found documentation about it and after looking at boo I'm afraid that's clearly not my level.

I have spend a lot of time on google looking for way to do this and I'm utterly stuck, please save me !!

Thanks in advance.

#2 2013-06-17 17:54:45

cookies

Re: Need a way to automaticaly edit music tag when transfering music

#3 2013-06-18 19:31:39

Adarth

cookies wrote:

Thanks, i have been into it but the lack of interface for music manager kinda repel me , anyways i have found a way to do it with Quod Libet and some bash/python scripting, I'm currently working on it and i will put it here since i haven't found anything that do something similar.

#4 2013-06-18 19:37:45

cookies

Adarth wrote:

Thanks, i have been into it but the lack of interface for music manager kinda repel me , anyways i have found a way to do it with Quod Libet and some bash/python scripting, I'm currently working on it and i will put it here since i haven't found anything that do something similar.

Yes, quodlibet and exfalso, a great team. I completely forgot about them after switching to mpd.

#5 2013-06-18 19:41:53

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

You can use picard but it's not automatic.  You'll have to retag your library and do so for new CD rips.

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

Board footer