You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-18 09:10:11

oconnor663

[SOLVED] ibus tray icon in gnome shell

I've installed ibus-anthy for Japanese input. It works fine, and the anthy menus are beautiful in gnome. My problem is that I can't figure out how to get the tray icon to appear, even though I have the "show tray icon" bit checked in the ibus prefs. The default ctrl-space shortcut to switch keyboards also isn't working for me. That means I'm switching inputs on the command line, which feels pretty silly. Are there some extra packages I need to install to get the keyboard icon to show up in the tray? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by oconnor663 (2013-06-21 00:22:30)

#2 2013-06-21 00:21:50

oconnor663

Re: [SOLVED] ibus tray icon in gnome shell

Ok I was just doing this wrong. It turns out you have to go into the Region & Language settings and add the language you want under the Input Sources list. This list is very short vertically, and it's not obvious that there's more choices, but if you click the "..." and then search you'll find it there (you may need to install the relevant ibus-* package). You'll probably also need to add English. Once you have something in that list, the input menu will show up in Gnome's tray.
AHfUKPC.png

Board footer