You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-22 16:30:05

Isildur

Sometimes keyboard backlight not working

Hi,

I sometimes get a problem with my Asus Zenbook Ux32vd. About half of the times when I boot my system the keyboard backlight goes out while booting my Arch system. This coincides with the xfce-powermanager not displaying the normal animations when changing the display brightness (changing the brightness itself and everything else works fine).
When I try to change the keyboard backlight brightness manually via the asus-kbd-backlight command (installed form AUR) I get the following error

% asus-kbd-backlight 
cat: /sys/devices/platform/asus-nb-wmi/leds/asus::kbd_backlight/max_brightness: No such file or directory
cat: /sys/devices/platform/asus-nb-wmi/leds/asus::kbd_backlight/brightness: No such file or directory

The asus-nb-wmi directory does not exist.

Aparently something goes wrong while booting, the strange thing is that the other 50% of boots everythings works well and I couldn't detect a pattern or cause so far.

Anybody got any ideas on why this might be or where to look for further information?

Thanks!

#2 2013-06-22 16:57:45

andy123
Website

Re: Sometimes keyboard backlight not working

Sounds to me like the asus-nb-wmi module isn't loaded. You could try loading it manually and if that works, I'm sure there are ways to "force" module loading on bootup.

Last edited by andy123 (2013-06-22 16:58:05)

i'm sorry for my poor english wirting skills…

#3 2013-06-22 16:58:56

Isildur

Re: Sometimes keyboard backlight not working

Thanks, that apparently solved the problem.

Board footer