You are not logged in.

#1 2013-06-25 18:05:02

toni

keyboard not mapped well

I have my keyboard mapped as spanish but since yesterday it is not being mapped as spanish. What's happen?

#2 2013-06-25 18:31:27

drcouzelis
Website

Re: keyboard not mapped well

I don't know. What did you change on your computer?

#3 2013-06-25 18:39:55

toni

drcouzelis wrote:

I don't know. What did you change on your computer?

I have not changed anything, but I have observed that some of my files kernel.log, messages.log and everything.log increases a lot making the var partition to get full, so after this happens and after reboot my keyboard layout is not initialized correctly. So to solve this I use to remove those files and when rebooting they are regenerated again and the keyboard layout then gets initialized correctly. But from yesterday, it is not working and I have not changed anything. The problem of the log files, that they increase a lot, I have opened another thread.

#4 2013-06-25 18:52:05

drcouzelis
Website

Is the keyboard mapped to Spanish for the TTY or in X?

If it doen't work in the TTY, can you fix it using the "loadkeys" command?

If it doesn't work in X, can you fix it using the "setxkbmap" command? How do you usually set the keyboard mapping in X?

EDIT:

toni wrote:

I have not changed anything

When did the keyboard mapping break?

Last edited by drcouzelis (2013-06-25 18:58:32)

#5 2013-06-25 21:02:10

toni

drcouzelis wrote:

Is the keyboard mapped to Spanish for the TTY or in X?

If it doen't work in the TTY, can you fix it using the "loadkeys" command?

If it doesn't work in X, can you fix it using the "setxkbmap" command? How do you usually set the keyboard mapping in X?

EDIT:

toni wrote:

I have not changed anything

When did the keyboard mapping break?

As you have suggested, from tty I normally set it using loadkeys and from X using setxkbmap.

I have solved it by performing:

setxkbmap -layout es

and then rebooting.

But it is a strange behaviour, it often happens to me when my var partition gets full, so after removing the culprit files kernel.log messages.log and everything.log and rebooting, this solve the problem. As I said previously I have problems with the logger, those files are increasing a lot (I have opened another thread about it) and it cause keyboard layout to not load correctly.

#6 2013-06-25 22:23:23

drcouzelis
Website

toni wrote:

But it is a strange behaviour, it often happens to me when my var partition gets full, so after removing the culprit files kernel.log messages.log and everything.log and rebooting, this solve the problem. As I said previously I have problems with the logger, those files are increasing a lot (I have opened another thread about it) and it cause keyboard layout to not load correctly.

Yes, I read the other thread.

At what point during the boot process do you set the keyboard layout in X? Does it successfully run when /var is full?

Board footer