You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-18 13:36:18

Komodo

Any Ratpoison or Screen fans played with this?

http://www.cs.brown.edu/software/xmx/tutorial/

Looks pretty cool; for individual use it's kinda pointless I guess, assuming you've set up X forwarding.

On a side note; can anyone who uses Screen with urxvt who has Visual bell enabled in either .Xdefaults or .screenrc let me know if they suffer flickering problems when e.g. backspacing at an empty prompt? I have this problem, and wish to resolve it....  wink

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#2 2005-11-18 15:58:54

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: Any Ratpoison or Screen fans played with this?

ion_prefect wrote:

http://www.cs.brown.edu/software/xmx/tutorial/

Looks pretty cool; for individual use it's kinda pointless I guess, assuming you've set up X forwarding.

Saw that a while back - I'm pretty sure it's dead though.  For stuff like that the VNCs/NXs are better.

io_prefect wrote:

On a side note; can anyone who uses Screen with urxvt who has Visual bell enabled in either .Xdefaults or .screenrc let me know if they suffer flickering problems when e.g. backspacing at an empty prompt? I have this problem, and wish to resolve it....  wink

The flicker is supposed to happen - that's what visual bell does.  Turn off visual bell, and modprobe "pcspkr" and backspace at an empty prompt - you get an audible bell - visual bell, on the other hand, sets reverse video on the whole screen for like half a second then switches back to normal.

#3 2005-11-18 20:04:04

Komodo

Ah, I see. I assumed visual bell was just the message that you set for it... I didn't realise it did reverse video too...

That's kind of lame, isn't it? Flickering like that... Is there any way I can disable both visual and audible bells? I'd like a VB message, but can't stand that flickering, and an audible bell is just darn irritating, lol wink

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#4 2005-11-18 20:48:00

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Hmmm it's possible - the message is from screen's visual bell, and the flicker is from the terminal itself - I think there may be something in the urxvt man page.

#5 2005-11-18 23:30:56

Komodo

I shall investigate and report back big_smile

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

Board footer