You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-19 12:04:40

Michel

acpi trippoints and duration of fan blowing

Heya,

my fans blow according to acpi trippoints. I have the impression that everytime a trippoint is reached the fan blows according to the trippoint-speed. It also blows when the temperature rises a bit maybe, but then stops untill it reaches the next trippoint.

This is a nice way to let the temperature/load rise without too much noise. However under normal operation the processor reaches a temperature of 80 degrees celcius. At that point it has reached the highest trippoint for the fans. I hope it keeps blowing from then on how high the temperature may go. I have compiled a kernel, so it passed that test. It seems to not go above 80 ° C (under current circomstances). I could set the highest fan-trippoint lower, but I have the following question:

I would like to set/make the time/range a fan blows longer/bigger. Anyone knows if this is possible and if possible tell me how to do it?

thanks,

Michel

#2 2005-11-20 10:30:31

Michel

Re: acpi trippoints and duration of fan blowing

Heya,

I just upgraded to the 2.14-ck5-kernel and I am using the "conservative"-scalinggovernor now. I suppose it is because of the scaling governor ... Anyway, my normal temperature is around 42°C now. So, problem is solved maybe ...

Anyway, if anyone knows how to regulate the blow-time of the fans, I'm still interested.

greetings and thanks,

Michel

Board footer