You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-07 02:50:33

saultdon

[SOLVED]No osgeo python module after GDAL build -- enabled filegdb

I compiled GDAL 1.10 from [community] using "yaourt -Sb gdal" and modified the PKGBUILD so that ./configure would include --with-fgdb=<path to filegdb libs>

The program compiled and installed fine with FileGDB support but now QGIS, or python doesn't have the much needed osgeo module anymore.

The plugin error when starting qgis says:

Unable to load GdalTools plugin.
The required "osgeo [python-gdal]" module is missing.
Install it and try again.

I can't import it from python using "import osgeo" - no surprise since QGIS complains it can't either.
There isn't an osgeo folder in /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages anymore either or any of the gdal*.py files.

If I re-install gdal from the community repo, it's all back to normal in both QGIS and python but without ESRI FileGDB support.

Anyone know or can help me figure out what's wrong and why my custom build (with only an added configure option) doesn't include the osgeo python module like the gdal from the community repo does?

If there's any more info I can share that'd be helpful, just let me know.

Last edited by saultdon (2013-07-07 07:02:14)

"We don't inherit the land from our ancestors - we borrow it from our children."

#2 2013-07-07 06:45:47

saultdon

Re: [SOLVED]No osgeo python module after GDAL build -- enabled filegdb

In a paste of the compile output I can see the osgeo module being installed for python3 instead.

The PKGBUILD has a portion that looks like it should be installing for python2 instead:

package () {
  cd "${srcdir}/$pkgname-$pkgver"
  install -d "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/"
  make DESTDIR="${pkgdir}" install

At least it's installing because I can import the osgeo module in python3, but QGIS uses python2.

I'm not sure why it's installing for python3.

Python3 is the default python on this system by default, that might have something to do with it.

uname -a
Linux alienix 3.9.9-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jul 3 22:45:16 CEST 2013 x86_64 GNU/Linux

"We don't inherit the land from our ancestors - we borrow it from our children."

#3 2013-07-07 06:59:26

saultdon

Re: [SOLVED]No osgeo python module after GDAL build -- enabled filegdb

My my, what have we here: Dealing_with_version_problem_in_build_scripts(Python)

Did that and now it works. Cool...

Board footer