You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-14 14:49:35

mr--t
Website

hvr-1600 unable to get clear picture

Thank You in advance for reading my post!

I have been for over a year now, on and off trying to get my hvr-1600 to work under Linux. In the past i have tried MythTV, YaVDR, tvheadend, VDR, all installed on different versions and distributions of Linux. Some i get no video at all some i get fuz i have read almost every webpage that has cx18 or hvr-1600 on it but can not figure it out. Recently i have made the attempt again. Here is were i am now:

- Fresh install of Arch with base and base-devel and only a couple additional packages.
- tvheadend-git v3.5_225 from Arch AUR
- v4l-utils 0.9.5-2
- ivtv-utils 1.4.1-5

I would like to build a headless recording box. I currently just have a DVD player connected to the svideo port on the hvr-1600 playing the menu of 24 tv show. Through many tutorials i have been able to force the card to use the svideo port via the command "v4l2-ctl --set-input=1 --set-standard=1" which has got me to see the attached screen capture. I have used ivtv-tune to swich frequency's manually with no change to the picture. I use the command lines only because i can't figure out how to set these within the tvheadend website. I see no option to pick the input nor do i understand how the minimum frequency is 10000 but when i set it using ivtv-tune it shows 625.200 or something like that. Anyway i have attached some additional command exports so you can see logs and initialization logs that might give you more insight into what might be going on.

Any help is appreciated my only option for this card to work right now is Windows 7 and it works perfectly and that just makes me sick... LOL

https://tvheadend.org/boards/4/topics/8996
This link is to where i posted the same question to the tvheadend.org forum and it has some attachments that provide more info.  Not sure how i can attach them here.

#2 2013-07-16 00:43:39

mr--t
Website

Re: hvr-1600 unable to get clear picture

I had a response from someone on the TVHEADEND.ORG site and wanted to update this post:

***FROM OTHER SITE****

I have no idea how to use this card but -

What are you planning on using it to record, analogue TV, svideo, digital TV or all?

While you are testing with s-video trying to tune doesn't make sense.

Your log shows -

[ 1633.356655] cx18-0 843: Detected format: NTSC-M
[ 1633.356658] cx18-0 843: Specified standard: PAL-BDGHI

so maybe try a different --set-standard= for the s-video test.

*** My Response ***

Thanks for the response.

All i want is something that i thought would be very easy. I have a Bell Satellite TV and i just want to record through the svideo connection off of the satellite receiver. Just analogue svideo don't need to pause or stop or epg just raw signal recording.

The tuning using the svideo was something i was trying to see if it would make a difference it came to me because what is being displayed reminds me of when my dial TV (ya i remember using a dial) was just a bit off. Also from when i would connect my VCR (YA YA) and it had the CH3-CH4 switch on the back and had to make sure the TV was on the correct channel or it would not work.

I tested all of the different standards with no success. Thank you for the idea i never thought of testing all of them i just automatically switched it to NTSC.

Thanks Again and i welcome any suggestions!!

#3 2013-08-24 17:32:06

mr--t
Website

Re: hvr-1600 unable to get clear picture

I have not had any responses can anyone help me with this issue?

Board footer