You are not logged in.

#1 2013-07-15 10:15:50

adam777

[Solved] Help Setting Samba Share In Qemu With XP Guest

Hello all,
After getting around all the quirks of setting an XP guest inside qemu, the only (though, pretty important) thing I can't solve is setting a samba share between the Arch host and the XP guest.
I tried whatever I could think of that's relevant, with no success:

Qemu is launched with:

qemu-system-x86_64 -machine type=pc,accel=kvm -cpu host -boot d -m 1024 -net user,smb={my home folder} -net nic,model=virtio -rtc base=localtime -drive file=XP.qcow2,if=virtio -spice port=5900,disable-ticketing,image-compression=off,jpeg-wan-compression=never,zlib-glz-wan-compression=never,playback-compression=off -vga qxl -global qxl-vga.vram_size=67108864 -device virtio-serial-pci -device virtserialport,chardev=spicechannel0,name=com.redhat.spice.0 -chardev spicevmc,id=spicechannel0,name=vdagent -balloon virtio

I installed samba, added a user, and started the service according to the wiki.
I allowed the samba ports in UFW (using the CIFS rule).
Whenever I try accessing the share inside my XP guest (\\10.0.2.4\qemu), I usually end up with a target not found error, or at times, a password prompt that will not accept the samba user/password.
Anything else I forgot to do?

Thanks, Adam.

* EDIT *
I somehow missed the section regarding the guest OS able to access the host OS normal samba shares at 10.0.2.2.
Default samba share for home folder works as expected.

Last edited by adam777 (2013-07-15 16:05:44)

Board footer