You are not logged in.

#1 2005-11-26 05:22:58

MartinZ

Opera + Composite + flash bug

Since Opera is free, i'm using it and love it. I just hate that the flash plugin is under AUR and not in Official Extras  :evil:   -why?-

My only problem is that flash doesn't work with composite manager enabled. It doesn't crash like firefox does, but just doesn't show any flash-stuff. I've found in many sites how to fix this under firefox, but not for Opera...

Can anyone please help me? I really like composite -just eye candy-, but had to disable it because of this       sad

Thanks in advance

All your base are belong to us

#2 2005-11-26 08:01:07

lilsirecho
Veteran

Re: Opera + Composite + flash bug

Macromedia flash is available as a klik.cmg file which requires some install of .cmg params in fstab.

Don't know if it would accept input from opera, though.  I have both macromedia  and opera9 in .cmg files on my desktop but haven't tried the combo as yet.  The two can operate simultaneously.

Just one little thot!

Prediction...This year will be a very odd year!
Hard work does not kill people but why risk it: Charlie Mccarthy
A man is not complete until he is married..then..he is finished.
When ALL is lost, what can be found? Even bytes get lonely for a little bit!     X-ray confirms Iam spineless!

#3 2005-11-26 15:02:21

sh__

MartinZ wrote:

Since Opera is free, i'm using it and love it. I just hate that the flash plugin is under AUR and not in Official Extras  :evil:   -why?-

The package in AUR contains the same binary as the package in extra. You could just install the official package and create two symlinks:

ln -s /opt/mozilla-plugins/libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/opera/plugins/libflashplayer.so
ln -s /opt/mozilla-plugins/flashplayer.xpt /usr/lib/opera/plugins/flashplayer.xpt
MartinZ wrote:

My only problem is that flash doesn't work with composite manager enabled. It doesn't crash like firefox does, but just doesn't show any flash-stuff. I've found in many sites how to fix this under firefox, but not for Opera...

Start Opera with

XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 opera

Works for me, but it's quite slow.

#4 2005-11-28 04:27:45

MartinZ

sh__ wrote:

Start Opera with

XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 opera

Works for me, but it's quite slow.

All right, that worked! Thanks.
It would be nice to find an easier way to do it, but thanks, it works.

All your base are belong to us

Board footer