You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-06 09:28:54

nicklej

GNOME 3.8 : Battery indicator 'stuck' on 100%

Hi all,
I've had ArchLinux + Gnome 3.8 on this laptop for a few weeks with everything (more or less) behaving itself. 2 days ago I powered her down and plugged in the charger and let it charge completely for (most likely) the first time since I've had Arch. Since doing that, the battery status icon is 'stuck' on 100%. The 'time remaining' bit seems to count down properly.  Today I let it completely drain; just before powering down the indicator went to red and I got the low battery warning. I found this bug report here: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/14262 from July 2009 that seems to be the same deal but my system is totally up to date. I am running GNOME 3.8.4, with gnome-power-manager 3.8.2-1.

I'm a total newb and have no clue what could be causing this or how to figure it out. I certainly did not find any relevant open bug reports.

Any insight would be helpful. Otherwise the only way I know how to approach this is reinstalling.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

-Nick

#2 2013-08-14 19:20:17

nicklej

Re: GNOME 3.8 : Battery indicator 'stuck' on 100%

I know bumping is against forum rules. Can anyone please suggest a way I for me to improve my post or narrow down my problem?

Thanks
-Nick

Board footer