You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-08 17:39:55

Schoktra

Multiple problems on latest kernel

I have recently re-installed Arch linux from a long period of downtime where my computer was sans-hard drive. In that time the kernel went from 2.6.xx to 3.10.xx and I've followed every forum post and guide that I can to set up Arch Linux properly. Mostly working as expected except for 2 issues (one major one minor).

The major issue is the sound is not working. I have for a long time used jack and pulseaudio together and have followed all the guides to set them up properly using the new fashion as per https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pu … he_new_way. I have gotten so far to seeing programs outputting audio, I see all my sound cards (onboard, internal, usb headset), I have made sure everything is properly unmuted in alsamixer, pavucontrol, and qjackctl, and make sure all audio is routed properly to the correct cards. This is the way I had my desktop set before and all seems well, yet I still have absolutely NO sound output through my speakers, when it used to work before. I have checked all loaded kernel modules, all /proc/asound/card* files and folders, checked dmesg and other various error files and everything seems to be okay. Is there anything else I can check anything else I can do to get my audio back?

The minor issue is due to the output ports on the graphics card I have I have to have my off-monitor set in the main out port and my main monitor set in the off port. I have replaced krandr with kscreen so that my dual screen output will work fine and will remember settings. That part works fine. However what doesn't is that in KDE clicking programs in my start menu in my "off screen" (the one using main port) it opens the programs in the "main screen" (the one using the off port) and vice versa. Even if i am currently on one screen and use alt+f2 to open a program via run command it opens on the wrong screen. Is there any way to change this behavior so panels will open programs on the current screen not the opposite one?

Last edited by Schoktra (2013-08-08 17:46:18)

Board footer