You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-10 22:13:51

t0ken

KDE Issue with System Settings

Whenever I attempt to go to the Multimedia portion of System Settings, the window seems to lock up (along with other kwin windows), and I see this in .xsession-errors:

systemsettings(583)/phonon (KDE plugin): QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply", "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.")

I've searched but haven't seen anyone with this specific issue.  I first thought it was a missing entry in /etc/dbus-1/system.conf, but everything seems kosher there (i.e., it has "<includedir>system.d</includedir>" which has the necessary kde stuff in it).

Anyone else experiencing this?  This is a brand new install.

#2 2013-08-10 22:34:42

t0ken

Re: KDE Issue with System Settings

Kinda noticing general slowness on all kde apps as well...for instance when I click on dolphin it takes a good 20-30 secs to come up...noticing more of these in .xsession-errors too:

knotify(504)/phonon (KDE plugin): QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply", "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.")
systemsettings(853)/phonon (KDE plugin): QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply", "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.")
knotify(504)/phonon (KDE plugin): QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply", "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.")
systemsettings(853)/phonon (KDE plugin): QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply", "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.")

Weird...

Board footer