You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-13 23:35:44

arkindal

Connection keep disconnecting and reconnecting itself

Few days ago I installed arch on this laptop (HP Pavilion 15-b129el Sleekbook), I started installing and configuring stuff on it today and I encountered a couple of problems with the connection and xorg (which I won't discuss in this thread).

To make it short, launching wifi-menu will show correctly all the available networks, it won't, however, actually connect.
I tried netctl which successfully connected and gave me a chance to download and install programs, sadly the connection doesn't last long but it seem to reconnect by itself.
For instance, I was updating with pacman -Syu now and as it was downloading the package linux3.10.6-2-X86_64 it kept disconnecting to reconnect after a bit and restart downloading the package from where it stopped.
I decided to test if my laptop had hardware problem and booted into my xubuntu partition, I launched a ping command and it seem to be stable, sometimes it takes a bit longer than it should to receive new signal but it don't seem to lose connection at all.

Suggestions?

Last edited by arkindal (2013-08-14 10:53:14)

#2 2013-08-14 10:53:41

arkindal

Re: Connection keep disconnecting and reconnecting itself

Update: Today wifi-menu managed to connect with a similar behaviour of netctl, connection works fine for a while, then doesn't work, then work again, tested with the ping command, I'd say a bit over a hundred pings works fine, then it stop for a while saying network unreachable, then working fine again.
Changed title to fit better the situation.

Board footer