You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-02 00:45:24

tuxman

koffice applications

hi,

I'd like to install a very small Arch distro using some KDE based applications.
I have noticed that in the Arch repository there is only the koffice suite and not the separate binaries for lets say kword, kspread and so on.
how would I go about to install those single application in Arch.
I have also been searching the web for the sources of these packages but with no luck.

thanks

tuxman

#2 2005-12-02 01:19:38

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: koffice applications

Use the source for the full koffice.  Read the REAMDE file (if any) and check the Makefile (after running the configure script) as there might be options to do that. 
Probably each individual app/lib is in a seperate directory with its own Makefile. In that case, it could be as simple as cd'ing in the right directory and running make.

#3 2005-12-02 15:47:38

kth5
Website

the thing is all application are included in the koffice-* tarballs. to seperate them one needs to seperate these during buildtime. not to say it's that easy it's doable and i am already working on splitting them up, whenever i get the chance.

in the meantime, please bear with it for a bit longer. this is scheduled to be changed. wink

I recognize that while theory and practice are, in theory, the same, they are, in practice, different. -Mark Mitchell

#4 2005-12-03 00:32:59

tuxman

thanks for the feedback.
I'm gonna try the sources way, lets see how much I can mess them up LOL.
if someone comes up with some alpha candidates and needs help testing them Im available.

thanks

tuxman

Board footer