You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-16 02:50:15

synorgy
Website

ztream - a z-shell internet radio controller

Ztream

a Z-shell stream controller (or something...)
http://github.com/bbenne10/ztream

What is it?
For the past couple of days, I've been working on a radio controller program that allows you to pick radio streams from a list displayed in dmenu and have mpv start playing them in the background. I use this on my netbook, where I don't really care to have a ton of my music on the harddrive and solutions like GMusic and Spotify are significantly too heavy. 

How do I use it?
It supports a number of actions: change station, last station, random station selection and 'stop'. Usage is simple. Either simply launch `ztream`, which will spawn dmenu and allow you to pick an action. If you find it simpler, you can also specify the action as the only argument to the script (as in `ztream random`) and the script will take the appropriate action, prompting you if necessary.

What does it need?
Right now, this depends on dmenu, zsh and mpv. Changing out the dependency on mpv would be pretty simple, but I find the integration of youtube links to be very useful and so it's the default.

I hope you guys like it. I'd be very interested in hearing feedback on the feature set, the code, or even the idea.

"Unix is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity." (Dennis Ritchie)

Board footer