You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-23 23:55:15

MXIIA

Asus X202E/S200E BIOS is not recognizing Arch. Secure Boot Off. CSM On

When I boot from my Arch CD I have 2 options (in the BIOS bootloader). UEFI and nonUEFI.

I've gone through the normal installation on both of these and everything seems fine but when I reboot the machine there is no option to boot into the partition that Arch is in. I've tried /boot as a separate partition. I've used a 512MB EFI partition. I've copied over .efi files from a flash drive.

Anyone have experience with this specific issue?
Is there any information I can give to clarify this issue?

Anyone have this laptop and booting Arch fine, how'd you do it?

#2 2013-08-24 10:05:07

Spider.007

Re: Asus X202E/S200E BIOS is not recognizing Arch. Secure Boot Off. CSM On

Do you want to multiboot on this machine, and if so, what is the other OS? What is the error you get when (attempting to) booting after installing Archlinux?
Google also tells me more info can be found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion … ood-6.html

#3 2013-08-24 11:25:32

simbaarch

As Spider.007 said do you have other Operating System's installed? If so did you install os-prober before generating your grub.cfg?
Do you get to the grub screen after rebooting? Did you do exactly as mentioned in this guide?

We are not the same, I am a MARTIAN!

#4 2013-08-24 15:53:10

MXIIA

Spider.007 wrote:

Do you want to multiboot on this machine, and if so, what is the other OS? What is the error you get when (attempting to) booting after installing Archlinux?
Google also tells me more info can be found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion … ood-6.html

I plan on multibooting with Windows 8 (and potentially hackintosh in the future).
zrabdYq.jpg
The error is that the above screen does not list my Arch partition as a boot option. It does have the boot flag on it. When I install Debian on the machine with the same partition scheme and flags it shows up (as Grub Bootloader P2: Hitachi...). The partition is also not listed as addable in Boot -> Add New Boot Options in my BIOS.

BIOS version 2.15.1226 Aptio

simbaarch wrote:

As Spider.007 said do you have other Operating System's installed? If so did you install os-prober before generating your grub.cfg?
Do you get to the grub screen after rebooting? Did you do exactly as mentioned in this guide?

Yes, I have a full install. I used osprober and my grub.cfg correctly lists all the operating systems on my disk.

The BIOS does not recognize the Arch partition scheme as bootable though. (See above picture)

#5 2013-08-28 01:43:25

MXIIA

Fixed:

Solution was to disable CSM so that the CD/USB would ACTUALLY boot in UEFI mode instead of just saying it was.

To add to the BIOS/EFI list efibootmgr was used.

Last edited by MXIIA (2013-08-29 23:45:12)

Board footer