You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-04 23:11:19

elcalen
Website

OpenOffice.org 2 "Error loading BASIC of document"

Hi,

I keep getting this error message while using OOo 2.0. It occurs in different situations, I think mainly when I'm opening or saving documents. As far as I can tell, functionality isn't affected in any way... I'm not sure whether the content of the message is always the same, as I haven't really paid much attention to it, but it always at least starts with the same first line...

Error loading BASIC of document
file:///opt/openoffice/share/basic/WebWizard/script.xlb/:
General Error.
General input/output error.

Any ideas? It's more of an annoyance than a serious problem, but obviously something isn't right...

#2 2005-12-05 19:19:55

nggalai
Website

Re: OpenOffice.org 2 "Error loading BASIC of document"

I had the same problem. I just copied an existing script.xlb into the WebWizard folder, gone is the error message. I haven't encountered any issues with this "solution" up to now.

#3 2005-12-06 23:52:37

elcalen
Website

Hmm... Yeah, I don't even have a WebWizard folder, which OOo clearly assumes I should have... So, is this a mistake in the installer? Or a bug in the version of the app itself?

My Windows version doesn't appear to have a WebWizard folder, either, but I don't remember ever getting that message. I use the Linux version much more, though...

#4 2005-12-09 17:19:31

colnago

I think you have upgraded open office and there is a problem with old values in your personal config directory.  Do an `ls -a` in your home directory and get rid of any old open office config dirs.

#5 2005-12-10 22:10:54

elcalen
Website

No... There aren't any OO config files in my home directory, except for the current installation (in the directory .openoffice.org2)... I think I removed the OO1 directory before installing OO2, but I'm not positive about that...

#6 2005-12-11 00:04:18

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

I deleted ~/.openoffice2 and it fixed the issue on reconfiguring it.

Dusty

#7 2005-12-26 11:51:40

cjdj

Dusty wrote:

I deleted ~/.openoffice2 and it fixed the issue on reconfiguring it.

If deleting the .openoffice.org2 directory is a bit drastic for you, you can fix the problem by going into ~/.openoffice.org2/user/basic and editing the dialog.xlc and script.xlc files.  You need to remove the line at the end that says WebWizard in both these files. 

That will get rid of the two error messages you are likely getting.

Btw, anyone else miss the Projects functionality in Kate?   Darn stupid sessions.  Oh well...

Board footer