You are not logged in.

#1 2013-08-30 14:54:47

MariusMatutiae

LXC container arch linux does not offer login

I am sure this is silly, but it still seems I cannot find my way out of it.

I am trying to set up an archlinux container within Arch Linux. I have followed verbatim the wiki, and the added comment on how to circumvent new problems deriving from the introduction of systemd. The container installs without errors, and it starts without errors, and yet... the command lxc-console does not
offer me a login prompt, it just stops at "Type <Ctrl+a q> to exit the console...".

The machine is running (replies correctly to pings); I tried to install ssh server ab initio in the hope of connecting via ssh rather than console, but no luck there. I am stumped because I do not know how to diagnose this problem. The only thing I did  "not" do, of those suggested in the wiki, is

For a container to be able to use a host's virtual console it must not be in use by the host. This will most likely require the host's /etc/inittab to be modified to ensure no getty or other process runs on any virtual console that is to be used by the container.
After editing the host's /etc/inittab file, issung a killall -HUP init will terminate any getty processes that are no longer configured and this will free up the virtual conosole for use by the container.

Thanks for your help.

Board footer