You are not logged in.

#1 2013-09-14 08:53:09

maxarsys

fair share or step wise thermal governor ?

Hi,

I noticed that my CPU intel i5-2415M @2.30 Ghz without the intel PState drivers - that are using too much energy and are almost not configurable - but only with the regular acpi scaling driver in conservative mode( i have a laptop) that keep my CPU cooler, are sometimes going next to 100 degrees without boost ( i let you imagine what is the temperature with the "shitty" intel pstate with turbo mode clocked at 2.9Ghz without the ability to disable boost mode for real. And I dont find big performance improvement with the intel pstate anyway, it s a matter of 0.2 second faster on certain tasks...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n … px=MTM3NTI

It happens when I play video games that require high cpu usage.

I clean my laptop yesterday, now the temperatures are much cooler but I still have cpu throttling on high cpu usage.

I was using the step wise thermal governor before, and now I ve change for the fair share thermal governor.

My question is i want to know wich one of those thermal governors are the most efficient in terms of throttling the cpu as early as possible and not wait 99 degrees to throttle or 100 degrees as I saw with the step wise thermal governor.

Also I want to know if there is a way to throttle my CPU when it reach 97 degrees exactly and not a single degree more.

So fair share or step wise ?

Last edited by maxarsys (2013-09-14 08:58:27)

Board footer