You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-07 10:37:44

Apple

[SOLVED]tmux key-binding doesn't work for one key only

I'd like to bind  Control + h to previous pane in tmux, but for some reason binding anything to Control + h  in tmux doesn't work on my laptop (though it work

All other bindings work fine in tmux, binding C-h in other programs works fine, there is no conflicting binding for C-h (that I can find).

If I start tmux with '-v' I get no extra messages in the log when trying to bind and use C-h.

If anyone has had a similar problem and knows the fix, or knows some way to look for the problem I'd be very grateful.

Thanks
Apple.

Last edited by Apple (2013-10-08 09:38:34)

#2 2013-10-07 10:47:23

plam

Re: [SOLVED]tmux key-binding doesn't work for one key only

Try booting to CLI, and see if your binding works there. If it does work, it means that there indeed is a conflicting keybinding, and you can allocate more time to finding it. If it again doesn't work, you'll at least know it's not that.

#3 2013-10-07 17:12:09

Apple

It works fine in CLI, thanks for the suggestion - but I still can't find any binding conflicts.

Even when only booting into xterm with sxhkd not started I can't bind Control H

#4 2013-10-08 08:58:31

Apple

Apparently - it's a problem with using xterm - Both tilda and terminator don't have the problem.

I then went to http://www.ibb.net/~anne/keyboard.html and followed the actions in the XTerm section there, which fixed it.

Thanks again for the suggestion to try only CLI - set me on the right path.

Board footer