You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-08 03:38:46

camarao

libreoffice 4.1.1 offline help

Hi everybody,

On my last before LO update the offline help package was not updated. While hitting the help, on the menu, it directs me to the help of the libreoffice web site. Since I use the offline help a lot, I was wondering if there is a way to compile it and add again this function to libreoffice? I've searched around, on the net, but for no avail. I looked also in other distributions to see if this is a new trend of libreoffice (like win-office) where help is only online not locally. Sabayon (gentoo derived) libreoffice still has the offline help, haven't looked on other distributions.

If somebody could help me I would appretiate a lot.

#2 2013-11-29 01:02:49

bdika

Re: libreoffice 4.1.1 offline help

Hi camarao

Did you ever solve your problem? I am having the same issue. No offline help in libreoffice. Searching these forums as well as Google in general did not help. I feel I must be missing something very obvious because of the total silence  when I search the issue. One search result said that the help language and the user interface language have to be the same for the help to work. My user interface is US english so the help should work, although I am not sure how to check the language of my help file (if I have one)?

Like camarao, any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
bdika

#3 2013-11-29 11:34:19

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

libreoffice stores help files under /usr/lib/libreoffice/help .

For every language installed there should be a subfolder in that location.

I use dutch language, so on my system there is  a /usr/lib/libreoffice/help/nl folder.

$ pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libreoffice/help/nl
/usr/lib/libreoffice/help/nl is owned by libreoffice-nl 4.1.3-1
$

The help files appear to be included in the language packs, check the /usr/lib/libreoffice/help folder and what language packs you have installed.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#4 2013-12-06 19:13:21

bdika

Thanks Lone_Wolf. I installed the en-GB language pack and now have help (but without the images). When I installed libreoffice, I chose en-US, but no help was included. Seems odd that en-US would not include a help file.

In any case thank you.

bdika

#5 2013-12-06 19:27:06

karol
Archivist

Base package for libreoffice-en-US is libreoffice https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extr … ice-en-US/ while other packages, like libreoffice-en-GB or libreoffice-de are split from libreoffice-i18n base package https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extr … ice-en-GB/

I think at least a note in the wiki wrt to the lack of offline help included in libreoffice-en-US is in order.

Board footer