I've got wine and World of Warcraft running. Framerates are great, load times appear faster than Windows. I have one issue though. I can't click on items within game. I have read reports of this and several patches implemented in Gentoo that correct the issue when using emerge to build the wine package. However, I have not yet found any patches or fixes to resolve the issue within Arch. I was wondering if anyone out there could point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Nevermind, I just found the WoW ArchWiki.
Well, I thought it was resolved, but I am getting a failure when I try to follow the instructions listed on the wiki.
[root@tux_1 wine]# makepkg
==> Making package: wine 0.9.2-1 (Thu Dec 15 12:07:13 CST 2005)
==> Checking Runtime Dependencies...
==> Checking Buildtime Dependencies...
==> Retrieving Sources...
==> Downloading wine-0.9.2.tar.bz2
--12:07:13-- http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/system/emu … .2.tar.bz2
Resolving ibiblio.org... 22.214.171.124
Connecting to ibiblio.org|126.96.36.199|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 10,301,088 (9.8M) [application/x-tar]
100%[====================================>] 10,301,088 308.98K/s ETA 00:00
12:07:49 (281.45 KB/s) - `wine-0.9.2.tar.bz2' saved [10301088/10301088]
==> Found wine-wow.patch in build dir
==> Validating source files with MD5sums
wine-0.9.2.tar.bz2 ... Passed
wine-wow.patch ... Passed
==> Extracting Sources...
==> tar --use-compress-program=bzip2 -xf wine-0.9.2.tar.bz2
==> Starting build()...
patching file dlls/opengl32/opengl_norm.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2367.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 161.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 229.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file dlls/opengl32/opengl_norm.c.rej
patching file loader/preloader.c
==> ERROR: Build Failed. Aborting...
Welp, I got the package to build with (i think the patches). For some reason the patch on the Archwiki wouldn't work, I had to grab the patch straight from the Gentoo Wiki. I'll let ya know how it works.
Looks like the package from the Gentoo website did the trick. World of Warcraft runnin like a champ using wine.
there used to be a pasting problem with opera atleast, and i think perhaps with ff too.
KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein
i know that i had this problem when i tried running it under debian like 10 months ago.
i think we solved by setting this variable: