You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-12 17:54:46

rockin turtle

Corrupted .sig files after failed upgrade

I tried to do a pacman -Syy this morning. I had some problem with the network, which as since resolved itself, but now I cannot update my system as I get the following error:

error: GPGME error: No data

When I looked at the file /var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db.sig, I see it contains the following:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>300 Multiple Choices</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Multiple Choices</h1>
The document name you requested (<code>/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.db.sig</code>) could not be found on this server. 
However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.<p>Available documents:
<ul>
<li><a href="/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.files.tar.gz">/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.files.tar.gz</a> (common basename)
<li><a href="/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.files.tar.gz.old">/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.files.tar.gz.old</a> (common basename)
<li><a href="/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.db.tar.gz">/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.db.tar.gz</a> (common basename)
<li><a href="/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.files">/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.files</a> (common basename)
<li><a href="/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.abs.tar.gz">/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.abs.tar.gz</a> (common basename)
<li><a href="/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.db.tar.gz.old">/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.db.tar.gz.old</a> (common basename)
<li><a href="/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.db">/archlinux/core/os/x86_64/core.db</a> (common basename)
</ul>
</body></html>

The extra.db.sig and community.db.sig files are similar.  It appears to me that these files got overwritten by some html.  I've looked at several mirrors, but I can't find any core.db.sig files.

Does anyone know the best protocol to recover my system when I don't have valid *.sig files?

#2 2013-10-12 18:10:01

karol
Archivist

Re: Corrupted .sig files after failed upgrade

AFAIK the official repos' package databases are not signed.
Remove these sig files and try again.

Post your pacman.conf.

#3 2013-10-12 18:23:43

rockin turtle

Well, I removed the files and did -Sy again. Core hadn't changed, but new extra and community db's were downloaded and similar extra.db.sig and community.db.sig files re-appeared in /var/lib/pacman/sync.

My pacman.conf contains:

SigLevel    = Required DatabaseOptional
LocalFileSigLevel = Optional

If I do a 'pacman -Qu', it fails due to the invalid .sig files.  After I removed extra.db.sig and community.db.sig, pacman -Qu was successful.

So why is my pacman trying to download those files?

#4 2013-10-12 18:26:36

karol
Archivist

Can you post the whole pacman.conf?

#5 2013-10-12 18:45:51

rockin turtle

There's really nothing else in there.  Here's my pacman.conf (with comments removed).  It's basically just the defaults.

[options]
HoldPkg     = pacman glibc
Architecture = auto

Color
CheckSpace

SigLevel    = Required DatabaseOptional
LocalFileSigLevel = Optional
#RemoteFileSigLevel = Required

[core]
Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrors

[extra]

[community]

The /etc/pacman.d/mirrors is a file I generate from /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist that contains just my preferred mirror. It currently contains just one line:

Server = http://mirrors.aggregate.org/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch

#6 2013-10-13 03:10:07

apg
Developer

The mirror is "trying to be clever". https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/36815

#7 2013-10-13 06:02:57

rockin turtle

That's really interesting.  I have a script that selects an appropriate mirror each day, so I've probably never used mirrors.aggregate.org before.

Appearently, pacman asks for a .sig file for each file it retreives, including the *.db files.

I'll add aggregate.org to my .ignore file.

Thanks.

Board footer