You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-23 16:41:16

thortroll

Soundproblems (Toshiba P855/Needed soundcodec ALC280)

Hey smile,

At first sorry for my bad english. But I'll try my best - promised!

My first problem got finally be solved: The registration process... Not very easy for Newbies hmm.

But back to my main problem: I have no sound. After many tests and trying nearly everything in the english/german wiki and search some google pages, I figured out, that the issue lies in the codec.

I need the drivers for ALC280 which I couldn't find in the HD-Audio-Models.txt. After many more research time I found the source code on the Realtek page. But after I read through all the "building"-thing which was new for me it only completely compiled after "--with-cards=hda-intel".
After a make install I redid the mkinitcpio. The problem now is, that
sh# alsamixer
> cannot open mixer: No such file or directory.

Before the own-compiled-kernel-driver-thing I had all functionalities, it was unmuted, the mic could take the sound, and "lsmod|grep snd" gave out all normal snd_* etc.

Now:
sh# lsmod|grep snd
> snd_hwdep
> snd_pcm
> snd_page_alloc snd_pcm
> snd_timer snd_pcm
> snd snd_hwdep,_snd_timer,snd_pcm
>soundcore snd

which is MUCH less then before my experiment.
sh# ls /dev/snd gives just "seq" and "timer".

I even tried
sh# modprobe snd-hda-intel
> ERROR: could not insert 'snd_hda_intel': Invalid Argument

I belief here's the problem because a
sh# modprobe wurst
> FATAL: Module wurst not found. (which is normal and okay.)

So which Argument did I miss?

Maybe another interesting output:
sh# lspci | grep Audio
> Audio device: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)

This C210 thing doesn't really fit to my ALC280 Codec (got this via cat /proc/asound/card0/codec*): Codec: Realtek ALC280.

Everything else worked more than just fine, better graphics than ubuntu (about 10% more in glxspheres), working bumblebee hybrid graphics, nice and fast system and I even learned MUCH more about linux in this few days than in about half a dozen years of ubuntu.

I could do a reinstall and start from scrach - which wouldn't be a problem.

I started the same thread in the german Arch forum - with nice but not working answer (https://bbs.archlinux.de/viewtopic.php?pid=313428).

#2 2013-10-23 16:44:52

thortroll

Re: Soundproblems (Toshiba P855/Needed soundcodec ALC280)

Sorry... wrong forum sad can some mod move this please? Can't remove and reopen it myself sad.

Board footer