You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-30 18:33:54

chrisonline1991

Power button not being recognized by acpi_listen

I'm having a problem setting the power button on my x200 thinkpad laptop. i followed the wiki on acpid (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/acpid) and typed in the acpi_listen command but i get no output.  I do get output on all other keys(volume, suspend, etc)

Too get the mute button to work i had to add:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet acpi_osi=Linux"

to /etc/default/grub and am not sure if this makes the power button work, or maybe i have to add another option for the power button.

I also was trying to use udev to test the power button but i wasn't able to find too much information about testing keys, just setting up commands to use keys.

Thanks

#2 2013-11-07 15:23:06

timgreen
Website

Re: Power button not being recognized by acpi_listen

I also have a Thinkpad x200. My power button works after adding acpi_osi=Linux to the kernel line in /etc/default/grub. I think the behaviour of the power button depends on the desktop you are using. With KDE you should have an option in the energy settings. With Gnome you have to install the gnome-tweak-tool to change default settings (otherwise suspend is default).

#3 2013-11-15 01:37:32

chrisonline1991

Re: Power button not being recognized by acpi_listen

timgreen wrote:

I also have a Thinkpad x200. My power button works after adding acpi_osi=Linux to the kernel line in /etc/default/grub. I think the behaviour of the power button depends on the desktop you are using. With KDE you should have an option in the energy settings. With Gnome you have to install the gnome-tweak-tool to change default settings (otherwise suspend is default).

hmmm, i'm running openbox, anyone have any ideas why it isn't working even after i added 'acpi_osi=linux' to /etc/default/grub? 

Thanks for the response

Board footer