You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-08 04:49:20

eweber

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro: endless error(?) messages during installation

I'm trying to install Arch Linux on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.  It came pre-installed with Windows 8.1, but all remnants of W8 have been removed. Currently it's running Ubuntu-Gnome.

Using Windows 7, I created a UEFI bootable USB stick using the instructions provided on the wiki (extracting w/ 7zip and renaming the volume label).  The UBS stick booted just fine, and I was presented with a menu of about 5 items -- the first being "Arch Linux archiso x86_64 UEFI"  After selecting the first item, the screen ran through a bunch of items (too small for me to see with this crazy resolution), but they all said [OK].  Then the screen cleared and I was presented with a shell prompt.  This is where the problem begins.  Immediately, I start seeing the following lines written to the screen about every 5 seconds...

usb 2-7 unable to read config index 0 descriptor/start: -71
     usb 2-7 can't read configurations, error -71

periodically I see this thrown in as well...

unable to enumerate USB device on port 7

Every time I try typing something whatever I'm typing gets blown away by 2 more lines being written to the screen.  This never ends.  Eventually I end up with thousands rows and I just give up.

Any ideas?  Is the hardware too new?

Thanks very much!

Eric

#2 2013-11-08 08:33:07

omnibrain

Re: Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro: endless error(?) messages during installation

It's not a real fix to the problem, but you can get rid of the messages by decreasing the console log level:

dmesg -n 1

#3 2013-11-12 17:26:24

eweber

Thanks omnibrain!

For anyone else reading this post, here's a great article describing someone's experience installing Arch on a Yoga 2 Pro:

http://keithcu.com/wordpress/?p=3270

#4 2013-11-12 20:16:22

omnibrain

I can completely understand this guy's frustration with the clickpad, it is completely unusuable with the default settings. I played around with the synaptics settings and it is much better now, I just adjusted the FingerHigh and FingerLow options:

synclient FingerHigh=46
synclient FingerLow=46

With these settings, the cursor doesn't twitch around anymore when you try to click something.

Board footer