You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-12 01:38:27

seanw684

need help getting broadcom 4306 (rev 02) working.

I have no clue on how to get it working, so please try to do like a step by step thing.
so also I have no idea on what and how to use the network manager.
recommendations on what network manager to use? also all I really know how to use is pacman -S
and lspci.

#2 2013-11-12 04:37:18

Gusar

Re: need help getting broadcom 4306 (rev 02) working.

Learn to use AUR (the wiki is your friend) and install b43-firmware-legacy from there. That'll get wifi working. As for a manager... That's a subjective thing, everyone will have their favorite. I would go simple and use netctl, but you may want the convenience of wicd or networkmanager. Only you can know what suits you best.

#3 2013-11-12 04:39:20

ewaller
Administrator

Re: need help getting broadcom 4306 (rev 02) working.

I note that this is your first post.   I am going to assert that Arch Linux may not be for you.  From our about page:

To summarize: Arch Linux is a versatile, and simple distribution designed to fit the needs of the competent Linux® user.

There will be no hand holding here.  It just not the way this community handles things.  Beginners are welcome, but we expect a evidence of self motivation and self study.

I do not know about the 4306, but try this page.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer