You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-13 09:46:24

hydrosIII

[SOLVED] ASUS ENGT430 (or Nvidia???) driver

Hi,
some friend has this old  video card and is trying to sell it to me, the card price is cheap , however knowing of all the driver issue with linux and video card,i'm trying the card for one week, to see if it works properly under linux . I know that propietary nvidia drivers usually runs good under linux, however this video card model seems odd, as i cannot find a driver nor a reference in the Nvidia page. Tracking down the issue i was able to locate the driver in the Asus page, as the card is produced by Asus.

If someone has experience with this card, please let me know, im confused. It is running fine with nouveau for now, but id like to install the propietary driver, someone has any idea of what driver?????? does it even has a driver for linux ( in the Asus page, there's not a Download for linux, http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/ENGT430DI1GD3LP/)?? should i treat it as the Nvidia GT430????.

Or maybe everything is too problematic and i should return the card .....??

Thanks

Last edited by hydrosIII (2013-11-14 01:49:11)

#2 2013-11-13 10:27:10

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] ASUS ENGT430 (or Nvidia???) driver

If you look at the driver asus supplies for windows 7/8 , it shows this : nVIDIA Display Driver V306.23 WHQL

That strongly suggest this card uses the standard nvidia drivers, and the GT 430 is still supported by latest nvidia driver for linux.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2013-11-14 01:48:55

hydrosIII

Re: [SOLVED] ASUS ENGT430 (or Nvidia???) driver

Thanks for the reply, you're rigth Lone_wolf , the nvidia driver works, installed directly from pacman.
The ENGT 430 is just a GT 430 with different look from the outside.
However lspci reports

VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 430] (rev a1)

So is the same card different look

Solved!

Board footer