You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-17 10:50:03

ondoho

TerminusV - Variable Width Bitmap Font created from Terminus font

scrot various terminus fonts
(i added the original terminus font to the scrot for comparison, it's not included in the download)
download it from here.
derived from the original monospaced terminus font, which is not my work, with kind permission. you can get the original from e.g. here.
both the original and my derivate are published under the sil open font license .
some explanation in the README.

so far it's only 1 size, and only iso-8859-1, which means western (europe) i guess.

the alpha versions were far too condensed, in the end i settled on leaving all the glyphs as they are and only resizing the cells.
i left them in here as semicondensed and condensed versions.
there's also a terminus fixed width condensed font, although it hasn't much in common with the original terminus anymore.
i would be happy to get some feedback on this, there's bound to be glitches.

once this can be considered as working, i'd like to make an aur of it (my first, heh).

edit: added explanation.
edit2: new version.

Last edited by ondoho (2013-11-24 08:48:37)

#2 2013-11-18 06:29:52

ndt
Website

Re: TerminusV - Variable Width Bitmap Font created from Terminus font

I like this font. It's a cool mission. At first I figured this would be great for terminal use - improving readability while keeping a nice bitmap font, but really it's best suited for bars,  panels and the like, where you don't care about font alignment but want it to fit in with your desktop.

Good job.

[~/.]

#3 2013-11-18 07:29:52

ondoho

yes, the idea was to have the original (monospaced) terminus font (which is not by me) for terminals and this one for gui apps.

#4 2013-11-24 08:39:16

ondoho

i fixed some things, spacing mostly, and changed to pcf format.
i also added a shorter version of all fonts - pxsz 9 in xfontsel - 6 or 7 for gtk apps.
please check out the new version from the same link in post #1.
(link was broken but now works again)

Board footer