You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-18 09:22:08

cogdissonance01

Mod4/Super/Windows key not working. No keycode or scancode

Like the title states my super key does not work at all. I had not used my arch install for ~one month (so no updates) but it was definitely working at that time. I recently formatted everything and started from scratch, but this time my super key does not seem to work at all. I have tried to use xev but nothing happens when either the left or right super keys are pressed. They also don't affect the output of any other keys when used together.

I'm using a logitech g110. I installed g15daemon but it did not help. My dmesg output shows that my keyboard is detected as Gaming Keyboard G110 yet still, no working super key.

#2 2013-11-18 11:53:15

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Mod4/Super/Windows key not working. No keycode or scancode

Does it work with other os/distros?  Does anything show in a tty with showkey?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2013-11-18 12:26:11

cogdissonance01

Re: Mod4/Super/Windows key not working. No keycode or scancode

No showkey won't work either. I noticed that "/use/share/X11/xkb/keycodes/evdev" on my laptop, is different than the one on my desktop. Namely my desktop's version is missing the lines setting the codes for RWIN and LWIN. I'm not at my desktop currently but adding this line may be worth a try. Don't know why they would be different in the first place.

Board footer