You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-22 15:55:24

tarski

[Solved] Installation of texlive-latexextra, conflicting files

Today I wanted to install texlive-latexextra and got this error:

checking for file conflicts...
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prauctex.cfg exists in filesystem
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prauctex.def exists in filesystem
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prcounters.def exists in filesystem
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/preview.sty exists in filesystem
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prfootnotes.def exists in filesystem
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prlyx.def exists in filesystem
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prshowbox.def exists in filesystem
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prshowlabels.def exists in filesystem
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prtightpage.def exists in filesystem
texlive-latexextra: /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prtracingall.def exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

There's an old bug report from 2009 with almost the same problem, but I cannot find any solution.
My system is up to date and I have the normal texlive-core from the standard repos

Last edited by tarski (2013-11-22 16:58:04)

#2 2013-11-22 16:10:18

fsckd
Forum Fellow

Re: [Solved] Installation of texlive-latexextra, conflicting files

texlive-latexextra should be the owner of those. See if this helps: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … stem.22.21.

aur S & M :: forum rules :: Community Ethos
Resources for Women, POC, LGBT*, and allies

#3 2013-11-22 16:29:42

ewaller
Administrator

fsckd wrote:

texlive-latexextra should be the owner of those. See if this helps: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … stem.22.21.

One could prove that with pacman -Qo /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/preview/prauctex.cfg

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2013-11-22 16:57:48

tarski

Ok thanks, the files were owned by auctex-git, deinstalling that, then installing texlive-latexextra and then installing auctex again fixed the problem

Board footer