You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-10 10:22:39

crankshaft

catalyst and lts

I am trying to use linux-lts, I have installed it added the option to the boot menu so that I can bootload into both linux and linux-lts.

I have also installed catalyst under linux-lts, but it simply refuses to load, if I switch back to linux then the drivers load immediately

Under linux-lts:

# lsmod | grep fglrx

Under Linux:

lsmod | grep fglrx
fglrx                6870412  62 
button                  3689  1 fglrx
agpgart                22047  5 drm,ttm,fglrx,intel_agp,intel_gtt

The linux kernel boot params are identical for both linux and linux-lts, how can I determine the cause ??

#2 2013-12-10 15:42:56

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: catalyst and lts

you'll need to build the catalyst package against the lts kernel to make it work, if you want to have both linux and linux-lts installed you'd need catalyst and catalyst-lts packages.

Aur / Violo's repositories don't appear to have a catalyst-lts package, so you might need to create one yourself.
I'd suggest to compare the official nvia and nvidia-lts packages to get an idea of the necessary changes.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2013-12-10 20:28:01

clfarron4
Website

The catalyst package provides kernel modules for the latest kernels only I think, but doesn't provide a module generator.

@crankshaft: I recommend using the catalyst-hook package and enable the catalyst-hook service, which does wonders for building kernel modules for any kernel you might have installed on your rig. I run [core], CK and LQX and have ran LTS in the past and it has rarely missed generating kernel modules, and the times it didn't, running sudo catalyst_build_module all did build the modules.

Last edited by clfarron4 (2013-12-10 20:29:53)

Claire is fine.
Problems? I have dysgraphia, so clear and concise please.
My public GPG key for package signing
My x86_64 package repository

#4 2013-12-13 09:23:11

crankshaft

Thanks, the catalyst-hooks solution worked straight away !

Board footer