I've been trying to get some input from my midi keyboard without much success.
- I have a Yamaha P35 digital piano with MIDI in\out ports
- I connected a MIDI - USB cord (double checked I put the MIDI IN cord in the MIDI OUT port and viceversa)
- the keyboard is recognized (hw:USBMIDI bla bla) by Arch
- I've set a JACK preset with my usual output and this new device as input, put "seq" (or "raw", tried both) as MIDI, "Enable ALSA Sequencer support" is checked)
- After a few tries I built a2jmidid from AUR and had it run with qjack
- opened Hydrogen, Tools -> Preferences -> MIDI, if I click on the record button it just says "waiting for midi input" and pressing my keyboard keys does nothing
- "cat /dev/midi2", no output from pressing the keys