I have a Clevo laptop (W230ST), in which I have the latest KDE.
I have sound normally, with speakers, but no sound with headphones, but only in KDE.
After some tests, these are some conclusions:
- If I run something like "aplay -D plughw:1,2 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav", I hear the sound in my headphones perfectly fine
- If I run "aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav" the sound doesn't play with my headphones inserted, but works in speakers, with headphones disconnected
- In pavucontrol (I installed it to do more testing), headphones are correctly detected (it says plugged in or not, depending, but the info is accurate)
- In GNOME 3 the sound works correctly in speakers and headphones, as the same works in Windows (is a dual boot installation)
- as referred in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ad … sound_card I tried grep Codec /proc/asound/card*/codec* returns "/proc/asound/card0/codec#0:Codec: Intel Haswell HDMI
/proc/asound/card1/codec#0:Codec: VIA VT1802"
- I tried many models in the "options snd-hda-intel model=model" line in modprobe.conf, but the same occurred, after rmmod and modprobe -a and computer restart
Can anybody help me on this issue, please?
Thanks a lot for your time and help
Last edited by GreenTuxer (2013-12-15 00:56:47)
Sorry to bump an old post but did you ever find a solution to this issue?
I have the same problem with the same laptop and came across this post.
FWIW I just got a W230SS and have the same problem, no headphone sound with KDE.
~ aplay -D plughw:1,2 /usr/share/sounds/alsa/Front_Right.wav aplay: main:722: audio open error: Device or resource busy
@markc something is already using that device.
fuser -v /dev/snd/*
@emeres: Sure, pulse is running. I think this is normal...
markc@mbox ~ fuser -v /dev/snd/* USER PID ACCESS COMMAND /dev/snd/controlC0: markc 1769 F.... pulseaudio markc 2138 F.... pulseaudio /dev/snd/controlC1: markc 1769 F.... pulseaudio markc 2138 F.... pulseaudio