You are not logged in.

#1 2013-12-28 03:04:18

rob111

Boot error

Hi everybody,

My computer doesn't want to boot after I update whole system. When I did it shell ask me to delete couple applications that could be have in conflict. I don't remember what kind of application I deleted but after that I restarted my computer and it shown me following

Boot error
Reboot and Select proper Boot device of Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Then I checked arrangement of boot devices in BIOS but there was everything is good.
Could be something bad with my boot loader?
I have syslinux as boot loader on that machine.
I tried to figure out what happened but I didn't find any information that give me a clue how I can recover my computer.
Also I tried to update system using arch .iso disk but got same message as first time.
I hope someone could be help to understand how I can solved this problem.

thank you for your help in advance and Happy Holidays

#2 2013-12-28 03:11:50

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Boot error

You can boot the iso then check your pacman log to see what was updated, though I suspect the update is a coincidence: this is a bios error, nothing in your arch system should affect that.

The most likely cause - assuming the bios boot order is correct - is a problem with the drive that arch is on.  First check any cables (even internal) connecting the drive to the main board.  Then see if you can mount the drive from a iso or other bootable media.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer