You are not logged in.

#1 2002-11-21 12:46:32

Arielext
Website

makepkg ... overwrite?

If I alter the sourcecode of a package can I rerun makepkg or does makepkg overwrtie the source?

I'm remaking xfree 4.2.1 and found out that the coders missed a ";" so the source won compile
I corrected the error, but I'm wondering if rerunning makepkg overwrites the source with the file in the tar.gz ...
if so, can we add an option in makepkg so the users can choose whether to not use the original source or their altered source?

apt-get install arch

#2 2002-11-21 12:52:21

jk
Website

Re: makepkg ... overwrite?

makepkg extracts the sources to $startdir/src before building, thus it'll overwrite your modified sources. To deal with this, you need to create a patch with diff, and use that in the PKGBUILD. Numerous examples in abs...

#3 2002-11-21 13:58:29

Arielext
Website

ok cool, can do that
but still ... such a big project like xfree with stupid coding errors like forgetting a closing ;

and as fas as I know the 4.2.1 source has been available for a while.

oh well, it keeps me of the street smile

apt-get install arch

#4 2002-11-21 14:07:09

jk
Website

Lucky guess: previous versions of bison were less picky on typo's like these...I've had this exact same problem too with a couple of packages (tetex for example).

The new bison isn't widely deployed yet...other distro's are kinda slow, and Slackware -current had it for a while, but downgraded it to an older version due to too many problems wink

Board footer