You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-31 20:50:02

ozar

funky front-page fonts

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I didn't see where it had been by searching.

Can anyone tell me what can be done to improve the way some of the fonts look on the front page?  Here's a screeny of what I'm talking about:

screenshot5wt.th.png

The fonts circled in red don't look nice and crisp the way the ones circled in green do.  The remainder of the Arch site seems to yield the much better looking fonts so I'm not complaining about fonts in general.  Oh, and if it's not easily fixed, I can live with it.

Thanks for any info...   smile

oz

#2 2005-12-31 21:53:05

shadowhand
Website

Re: funky front-page fonts

It's a size issue. You might also want to check into using the auto-hinter, which may (or may not) fix that.

·¬»· i am shadowhand, powered by webfaction

#3 2006-01-01 00:50:23

ozar

Re: funky front-page fonts

Hey, thanks for the reply, shadowhand.  smile

I've already tried playing with the auto-hinter, and I've tried all the various stuff in the wiki.  I've tried the ms-core-fonts, too, but they only caused other problems and issues.  The only way I've been able to have nice looking fonts on all the pages I visit is by checking the "Always use my fonts" box in Firefox preferences, but it just seems that there should be a better way.

Oh well, out of the almost 7 years that I've been playing with Linux, I don't recall ever not having fonts issues of some type.

oz

Board footer