You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-17 03:26:04

shmibs
Website

GeChic On-Lap 1502I - enable multitouch?

hullo everyone. i recently aquired one of these and am trying to find out if multitouch is possible with it under linux. their site briefly mentions an android driver existing, but, after a quick look around, i wasn't able to find out where that was actually located. anyways, here's some relevant information:

after verifying that touch is working out of the box (i can tap anywhere on the screen and it acts as a single mouse click), i tried following the guide here. lsusb showed no vendor name, so i had to resort to checking before and after plugging it in and got the following VID/PID:

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 222a:001c

i looked up ID 222a in this list and found nothing there either. however, xinput list says:

⎡ Virtual core pointer                    	id=2	[master pointer  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer              	id=4	[slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ Logitech G100s Optical Gaming Mouse     	id=9	[slave  pointer  (2)]
⎜   ↳ ILITEK ILITEK Multi-Touch               	id=10	[slave  pointer  (2)]

so i found the number shown for ILITEK_MULTITOUCH here.

i rebooted, modprobed hid_multitouch, stuck a line to load it on boot in /etc/modules-load.d/, and ran the following to add a device configuration:

# echo 3 222a 001c 1 > /sys/module/hid_multitouch/drivers/hid\:hid-multitouch/new_id

after another reboot, i'm still getting nothing in easystroke/firefox/etc, and xinput list still returns the same result. as a last resort, i tried booting up a fedora live cd, but easystroke failed there as well.

other things:

[shmibs@lain ~]$ lsmod | grep hid_multitouch
hid_multitouch         10369  0 
hid                    90742  3 hid_multitouch,hid_generic,usbhid
[shmibs@lain ~]$ ls /sys/module/hid_multitouch/drivers/hid\:hid-multitouch
0003:222A:001C.0001  bind  module  new_id  uevent  unbind

am i doing something wrong? i've never used a touchscreen before, so this is all new to me.
thanks!

Last edited by shmibs (2014-01-19 15:56:46)

[site] | [dotfiles] | あたしたち、人間じゃないの?

Board footer