You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-20 03:15:32

Grus

Deluge, Easytag and others crash with font error

I've been using Arch Linux for several years, and I recently reinstalled my system after a SSD switch. Now, when I try to start Deluge, I get this error:

python2: cairo-scaled-font.c:459: _cairo_scaled_glyph_page_destroy: Assertion `!scaled_font->cache_frozen' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

EasyTag opens fine, but when I try to look at the "Edit" tab (File, Edit, View,...), and some other things, it crashes with this message:

easytag: cairo-scaled-font.c:459: _cairo_scaled_glyph_page_destroy: Assertion `!scaled_font->cache_frozen' failed.
Aborted (core dumped

I'm using i3, no display manager, and my GTK and QT font is terminus. I've experienced this problem a couple of times on my old install, but only with deluge; each time, I was able to solve it by installing some ttf-font from the repos, or at least that's how I remember fixing it. This time it won't work. I also forgot which font I've installed that fixed the problem, so I've chrooted into a backup of my old system and did a pacman -Qs search for all installed fonts, but even after installing all the fonts there that weren't on my new system (ttf-droid, ttf-dejavu, dina-font,...), all of which I don't need anymore, the problem is still unchanged. I compared the outputs of "pacman -Qs font" on both installations, but again, installing all the "missing" packages on my new system didn't change a thing. I have pygtk from the optional deluge dependencies (the only thing that seems relevant) installed.

This is the output of pacman -Qs ttf on my current machine, if it's at all relevant:

grus ~   pacman -Qs ttf
extra/ttf-bitstream-vera 1.10-9
    Bitstream vera fonts
local/ttf-mplus TESTFLIGHT_057-1
    M+ Japanese outline fonts
local/ttf-pingwi-typography 20100604-1
    PingWi Typography (PWT) fonts
extra/ttf-sazanami 20040629-7
    Japanese fonts
local/ttf-tw 3.0-4
    Set of KAI and SONG fonts from the Ministry of Education of Taiwan. These fonts follow all the official 
    recommendations and their shapes are calligraphically correct.

I'm using the same theme as my old installation, which also had terminus-font set. I just tried running deluge from the chroot jail, which, oddly enough, works just fine. I have absolutely no idea what to try anymore. I've scoured Google for almost an hour with absolutely no progress. Any help would be immensely appreciated.

grus ~   uname -a
Linux mastermind 3.12.7-2-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Jan 12 13:09:09 CET 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Edit: I got Deluge to start, finally without errors after installing deluge-git, deluge-stable-git didn't work, and my old installation also had plain deluge from the repos, not deluge-git from the AUR. I'm pretty sure there are some dependencies for Deluge missing. However, this isn't solved yet because plain Deluge still won't start after removing deluge-git and leaving all the dependencies of deluge-git installed. I'd rather not use the git-version, and I'd rather not use a package from the AUR for this altogether. Also, I'm extremely curious what is causing this. Any help would still be extremely welcome.

Last edited by Grus (2014-01-20 03:46:29)

#2 2014-01-28 23:39:40

TheShrike

Re: Deluge, Easytag and others crash with font error

I had the same error with deluge. I also use i3 and terminus as a GTK font. Switching to a different font fixed it for me.

Board footer