You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-03 16:27:15

Dieter

[Arch64] User access to USB devices lost

Hello,

it seems that with one of the past updates - or packages which I installed from testing - the user access to USB devices such as digital camera or scanner got lost. The devices are created and can be accessed from root, but the permissions remain at root.root and 544 or 744, so user have no access to them. The change of the permissions is handled by the scripts in /etc/hotplug/usb but does not work.  sad

Can you please check whether this is a common bug (hal? udev?) or if only my Arch64 system is misconfigured?

Dieter

#2 2006-01-05 19:31:48

Dieter

Re: [Arch64] User access to USB devices lost

I compared the directory /etc/udev/rules.d of Arch64 to that of Arch32. In Arch32 there are sets of rules which do not exist in Arch64: cups.rules, gphoto.rules, hal.rules, sane.rules.

It seems that these rules files call the scripts which change the permissions for user access of USB devices - and they don't exist in Arch64 (former the scripts are called from hotplug, but hotplug was removed with new udev...).

What is the easiest way to re-instate user access to digital camera and scanner?

Board footer