You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-21 15:15:07

robin007bond

[SOLVED] Cannot compile wallet, cannot find boost

Hello,

When I'm trying to compile piggybank to store my CENT cryptocurrency, I get this error when compiling:

robin-desktop% make     
cd /home/robin/Downloads/pennies-master; /bin/sh share/genbuild.sh /home/robin/Downloads/pennies-master/build/build.h
fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /home)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
/usr/lib/qt4/bin/rcc -name bitcoin src/qt/bitcoin.qrc -o qrc_bitcoin.cpp
g++ -c -pipe -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -msse2 -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_REENTRANT -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DSCRYPT_CHACHA -DSCRYPT_KECCAK512 -DBOOST_THREAD_PROVIDES_GENERIC_SHARED_MUTEX_ON_WIN -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Ic:/deps -IC:/deps/boost -Ic:/deps/db/build_unix -Ic:/deps/ssl/include -Ibuild -Ibuild -o build/qrc_bitcoin.o qrc_bitcoin.cpp
g++ -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -Wl,-O1 -o piggybank build/bitcoin.o build/bitcoingui.o build/transactiontablemodel.o build/addresstablemodel.o build/optionsdialog.o build/sendcoinsdialog.o build/coincontroldialog.o build/coincontroltreewidget.o build/addressbookpage.o build/signverifymessagedialog.o build/aboutdialog.o build/editaddressdialog.o build/bitcoinaddressvalidator.o build/alert.o build/version.o build/sync.o build/util.o build/netbase.o build/key.o build/script.o build/main.o build/init.o build/net.o build/irc.o build/checkpoints.o build/addrman.o build/db.o build/walletdb.o build/clientmodel.o build/guiutil.o build/transactionrecord.o build/optionsmodel.o build/monitoreddatamapper.o build/transactiondesc.o build/transactiondescdialog.o build/bitcoinstrings.o build/bitcoinamountfield.o build/wallet.o build/keystore.o build/transactionfilterproxy.o build/transactionview.o build/walletmodel.o build/bitcoinrpc.o build/rpcdump.o build/rpcnet.o build/rpcmining.o build/rpcwallet.o build/rpcblockchain.o build/rpcrawtransaction.o build/overviewpage.o build/csvmodelwriter.o build/crypter.o build/sendcoinsentry.o build/qvalidatedlineedit.o build/bitcoinunits.o build/qvaluecombobox.o build/askpassphrasedialog.o build/protocol.o build/notificator.o build/qtipcserver.o build/rpcconsole.o build/noui.o build/kernel.o build/scrypt-x86.o build/scrypt-x86_64.o build/scrypt_mine.o build/pbkdf2.o build/scrypt-jane.o build/moc_bitcoingui.o build/moc_transactiontablemodel.o build/moc_addresstablemodel.o build/moc_optionsdialog.o build/moc_sendcoinsdialog.o build/moc_coincontroldialog.o build/moc_coincontroltreewidget.o build/moc_addressbookpage.o build/moc_signverifymessagedialog.o build/moc_aboutdialog.o build/moc_editaddressdialog.o build/moc_bitcoinaddressvalidator.o build/moc_clientmodel.o build/moc_guiutil.o build/moc_optionsmodel.o build/moc_monitoreddatamapper.o build/moc_transactiondesc.o build/moc_transactiondescdialog.o build/moc_bitcoinamountfield.o build/moc_transactionfilterproxy.o build/moc_transactionview.o build/moc_walletmodel.o build/moc_overviewpage.o build/moc_csvmodelwriter.o build/moc_sendcoinsentry.o build/moc_qvalidatedlineedit.o build/moc_qvaluecombobox.o build/moc_askpassphrasedialog.o build/moc_notificator.o build/moc_rpcconsole.o build/qrc_bitcoin.o    -L/usr/lib -Lc:/deps/miniupnpc -lminiupnpc -lrt -LC:/deps/boost/stage/lib -Lc:/deps/db/build_unix -Lc:/deps/ssl -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lpthread -lQtGui -lQtCore 
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:298: recipe for target 'piggybank' failed
make: *** [piggybank] Error 1

I generate the makefile by running qmake-qt4 in the main directory. I already tried to downgrade Boost to version 1_54, but I don't have an older version and I think it should compile fine with a newer version without any problems. Anyone who has similar problems?

When I run pacman -Ss boost-libs I get:

extra/boost-libs 1.55.0-4 [installed]
    Free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries - Runtime

Seems like nothing out of the ordinary.  I'm getting the exact same errors when compiling Foxcoin. I also tried to install Qt again, but that didn't help.

Thanks for helping in advance.

Last edited by robin007bond (2014-06-17 06:18:53)

#2 2014-01-21 16:17:42

Neburski

Re: [SOLVED] Cannot compile wallet, cannot find boost

Simple solution:

http://pw999.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/c … n-xubuntu/

edit: removed my grumpiness, grrrr

Last edited by Neburski (2014-01-21 16:51:06)

#3 2014-01-21 16:33:58

robin007bond

Neburski wrote:

Simple solution if you would have bothered to google your issue:

http://pw999.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/c … n-xubuntu/

Sorry, I Googled my issue but didn't found this one. Thank you!

Googling my error code did not give me the good results. Can you tell me which keywords you used?

#4 2014-01-21 16:49:24

Neburski

robin007bond wrote:

Can you tell me which keywords you used?

First I looked for one of the boost libraries that the program was looking for (e.g. the error for "cannot find -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53" means ld is looking for libboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53). I did it because the library name looked rather non-standard.

locate boost_system

After that I knew that the program you used was relying on a very particular boost library and that lead me to actually google for "boost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53" to see what that would turn up and the second link is the one I posted in this forum.

Anyway if you know something about Makefiles then you could have solved it by yourself rather easy as well.
If you look in the Makefile you should find a line somewhere that has

LIBS += -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53

Essentially you can see from the output of "make that" it's looking for those files (look towards the end of the second "g++ -Wl,-O1 ..." line)

g++ -Wl,-O1,--sort-common ....... -Lc:/deps/ssl -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lpthread -lQtGui -lQtCore

My first idea was immediately to have it link against the standard boost libraries by making the proposed changes, but I wanted to first check it on google. I can't tell you if it will make the software run correctly though.

Last edited by Neburski (2014-01-21 16:50:16)

#5 2014-01-21 18:02:05

robin007bond

Neburski wrote:
robin007bond wrote:

Can you tell me which keywords you used?

First I looked for one of the boost libraries that the program was looking for (e.g. the error for "cannot find -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53" means ld is looking for libboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53). I did it because the library name looked rather non-standard.

locate boost_system

After that I knew that the program you used was relying on a very particular boost library and that lead me to actually google for "boost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53" to see what that would turn up and the second link is the one I posted in this forum.

Anyway if you know something about Makefiles then you could have solved it by yourself rather easy as well.
If you look in the Makefile you should find a line somewhere that has

LIBS += -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53

Essentially you can see from the output of "make that" it's looking for those files (look towards the end of the second "g++ -Wl,-O1 ..." line)

g++ -Wl,-O1,--sort-common ....... -Lc:/deps/ssl -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lboost_system-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_filesystem-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_program_options-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lboost_thread-mgw46-mt-sd-1_53 -lpthread -lQtGui -lQtCore

My first idea was immediately to have it link against the standard boost libraries by making the proposed changes, but I wanted to first check it on google. I can't tell you if it will make the software run correctly though.

Hmm, I know some C++ basics but I use an IDE most of the time. Making makefiles was never needed so I never bothered with them. Thanks for elaborating! The solution you found worked.

Last edited by robin007bond (2014-01-21 18:02:24)

#6 2014-01-21 18:09:18

Neburski

robin007bond wrote:

Thanks for elaborating! The solution you found worked.

Don't forget to mark the thread as solved. You need to edit your first post to add [solved] to the thread title.

Board footer