You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-21 23:15:40

dfedde

[Solved]cant boot and getting a libgcript.so error

earlier today I tried rebooting my computer and it hung a couple seconds after grub after what apperes to be disk checks.

[      3.752515] ata2.00: falled to enable AA (error_mask=0x1)
[      3.752515] ata2.00: falled to enable AA (error_mask=0x1)
/dev/sda4: clean, 167002/1966080 files, 1886480/7864286 blocks
_ <<cursor blinking here

after attempting to reboot a couple more times, each time failing, I inserted a arch boot disk mounted my drives and arch-chrooted in. I got into my environment fine. I then I tried to run  journalctl -b to check the boot record but I got this error back:

journalctl: error while loading shared libraries: libgcrypt.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I recognized the error as the package being missing so I tried to install it but i got a signature error:

:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libgcrypt-1.6.0-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invald or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

I went ahead and forced the install. but still no luck I still got the same error when trying to run journalctl -b.
the error also appears when I was trying to connect to the internet or trying to reboot the machine with halt or reboot.

To me it looks like there is some incompatibility between sytemd and libgcrypt but I am unsure what I should do next.
Do you think that this is the problem?
what should I try next?

Last edited by dfedde (2014-01-22 00:23:58)

#2 2014-01-21 23:46:20

WonderWoofy

Re: [Solved]cant boot and getting a libgcript.so error

Instead of doing this from the chroot, just do it directly from the live media itself.  Just direct pacman to an alternate root of the system.  So it would be:

# pacman --root /mnt -Syu 

(This of course assumes yo have your system mounted at /mnt)

BTW, this has come up over and over and over again in these forums in the past week or so.  Next time, please do a little searching before posting.

Board footer