You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-24 14:38:15

jayflo
Member
Registered: 2013-09-06
Posts: 33

[Solved] linux-zen and pkgver

Running

cower -ud

it says I need to update my linux-zen kernel from

pkgver=0e5ee3e-1 to pkgver=5a602db-1.

When I download the PKGBUILD, it has the new pkgver defined in it, but then

makepkg

reverts the pkgver variable within the PKGBUILD to 0e5ee3e-1 and the in the prepare stage of the make process it says that I am already up to date.   Of course, after compiling and installing the package, cower still says it needs to be updated because the kernel string is showing that I still have the 0e5ee3e-1 kernel installed.  My questions:

Is there actually an update?  If so, how do I get the package to update?  If there is no update, how can I get cower (and yaourt) to stop saying there is an update?

Last edited by jayflo (2014-02-27 14:13:37)

Offline

#2 2014-01-24 15:25:11

karol
Archivist
Registered: 2009-05-06
Posts: 25,431

Re: [Solved] linux-zen and pkgver

I'll check the PKGBUILD in a moment, but have you tried using the precompiled linux-zen 3.12.8+2728+g0e5ee3e-1 from heftig unofficial repo https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Un … ies#heftig ?

Offline

#3 2014-01-24 16:02:43

jayflo
Member
Registered: 2013-09-06
Posts: 33

Re: [Solved] linux-zen and pkgver

No, I haven't been using any precompiled kernels.  I have a set .config which I use to compile the kernel each time.

Offline

#4 2014-01-24 16:23:38

falconindy
Developer
From: New York, USA
Registered: 2009-10-22
Posts: 4,095
Website

Re: [Solved] linux-zen and pkgver

jayflo wrote:

[...]but then makepkg reverts the pkgver variable within the PKGBUILD to 0e5ee3e-1 and the in the prepare stage of the make process it says that I am already up to date.

The PKGBUILD seems to be wrong based on:

$ git ls-remote git://github.com/damentz/zen-kernel.git HEAD
0e5ee3e37ee808ab7b4210eaa3826804f6a949aa        HEAD
jayflo wrote:

If there is no update, how can I get cower (and yaourt) to stop saying there is an update?

Ask the AUR maintainer to fix the package.

Offline

#5 2014-01-24 16:25:46

jayflo
Member
Registered: 2013-09-06
Posts: 33

Re: [Solved] linux-zen and pkgver

Thanks, I'll direct his attention to this thread.

Offline

#6 2014-01-24 16:31:04

progandy
Member
Registered: 2012-05-17
Posts: 2,151

Re: [Solved] linux-zen and pkgver

The pkger function is not good enough. Maybe do something like this:

pkgver() {
	cd "${srcdir}/$_gitname"
	eval $(grep -o "^\(VERSION\|PATCHLEVEL\|SUBLEVEL\) = [0-9a-zA-Z_-]\+" Makefile | tr -d \ )
	printf "%s.%s.%s+%s+g%s" $VERSION $PATCHLEVEL $SUBLEVEL "$(git rev-list --count HEAD)" "$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)"
}

Offline

#7 2014-02-24 20:30:46

clfarron4
Member
From: London, UK
Registered: 2013-06-28
Posts: 2,162
Website

Re: [Solved] linux-zen and pkgver

It looks like 3.13/master is now the base branch: https://github.com/damentz/zen-kernel/branches


Claire is fine.
Problems? I have dysgraphia, so clear and concise please.
My public GPG key for package signing
My x86_64 package repository

Offline

#8 2014-02-27 04:19:54

ilikenwf
Member
Registered: 2008-06-23
Posts: 42
Website

Re: [Solved] linux-zen and pkgver

progandy wrote:

The pkger function is not good enough. Maybe do something like this:

pkgver() {
	cd "${srcdir}/$_gitname"
	eval $(grep -o "^\(VERSION\|PATCHLEVEL\|SUBLEVEL\) = [0-9a-zA-Z_-]\+" Makefile | tr -d \ )
	printf "%s.%s.%s+%s+g%s" $VERSION $PATCHLEVEL $SUBLEVEL "$(git rev-list --count HEAD)" "$(git rev-parse --short HEAD)"
}

Added to the build, I never noticed that - thank you!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB