You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-30 21:01:04

mrkernelpanic

openVPN and cloning display during installation

Hello,
I would like to install arch soon and I have two questions that have to be awnsered before I can start:
I) I have no other way to acces the internet but via openVPN (both wired and wireless). How can I solve this problem (as I can't just install openVPN in the installation environment thanks to no internet connection)?
II) I would like to install arch on a laptop. Since my internal display is broken, I would like to clone the display to my extern one during the installation. Can I simply do this via xrandr commands? Or is there another road I have to take?

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

#2 2014-01-31 12:41:58

brain0
Developer

Re: openVPN and cloning display during installation

OpenVPN is available on the installation medium. Just make sure you install it before rebooting into your system.

The external screen is usually activated automatically when you connect it during boot.

#3 2014-01-31 12:43:58

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: openVPN and cloning display during installation

I) installing openvn without internet

this can be done, basically you'll have to download all packages needed for openvn and put them on a medium accessible from within the install environment.
check the wiki page 'pacman tips' , especially 2.7 / 3.1 / 3.2 / 3.3 sections.

Edit : Oops, need to refresh before posting.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2014-01-31 12:44:48)

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer