You are not logged in.

#26 2014-09-17 22:31:26

pivotraze

Re: NetGUI -- The Successor of WiFiz! (NetCTL Frontend) (AUR)

teateawhy wrote:

Does NetGUI support setting a priority for WiFi networks, where the one with the highest priority is connected to first?

Not yet! It's definitely a good idea though, and I will implement it. V0.8 will allow for a default profile, where you can choose a main profile to connect to over all others. However, I think your way (priority list) is much better. Hopefully can be implemented in time for v0.8.

Sandro wrote:

Hi, I just installed netgui and I'm experiencing some troubles trying to start it up. it gives me the following:

Gtk-WARNING **: Could not load image 'imgs/aboutLogo.png': Failed to open file '/usr/share/netgui/imgs/aboutLogo.png': No such file or directory
(main.py:579): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not load image 'imgs/APScan.png': Failed to open file '/usr/share/netgui/imgs/APScan.png': No such file or directory

(main.py:579): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not load image 'imgs/connect.png': Failed to open file '/usr/share/netgui/imgs/connect.png': No such file or directory

(main.py:579): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not load image 'imgs/disconnect.png': Failed to open file '/usr/share/netgui/imgs/disconnect.png': No such file or directory

(main.py:579): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not load image 'imgs/exit.png': Failed to open file '/usr/share/netgui/imgs/exit.png': No such file or directory

(main.py:579): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not load image 'imgs/preferences.png': Failed to open file '/usr/share/netgui/imgs/preferences.png': No such file or directory
Please wait! Now Scanning.
ioctl[SIOCSIWMODE]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCGIWRANGE]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCGIWMODE]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWAP]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWESSID]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODE]: Operation not supported
Done Scanning!

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/shutil.py", line 522, in move
    os.rename(src, real_dst)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '' -> '/var/lib/netgui/final_results.log'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/share/netgui/main.py", line 649, in <module>
    netgui()
  File "/usr/share/netgui/main.py", line 116, in __init__
    self.InitUI()
  File "/usr/share/netgui/main.py", line 219, in InitUI
    self.startScan(None)
  File "/usr/share/netgui/main.py", line 261, in startScan
    self.checkScan()
  File "/usr/share/netgui/main.py", line 276, in checkScan
    shutil.move(realdir, statusDir + "final_results.log")
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/shutil.py", line 534, in move
    copy2(src, real_dst)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/shutil.py", line 244, in copy2
    copyfile(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/shutil.py", line 107, in copyfile
    with open(src, 'rb') as fsrc:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ''

I don't know if I'm lacking or forgetting something, maybe you're able to help me somehow. Thank you for your good work.

Doesn't look like you are forgetting anything. Can you try running the following line of code in Terminal and tell me the output?
bash -c "source /usr/lib/network/globals; source /usr/lib/network/wpa; wpa_supplicant_scan interface 3,4,5"
Replace interface with your wireless interface (for example, wlp9s0).
If you don't know your interface name, run the following command:

cat /proc/net/wireless

It's output will look like the following:

Inter-| sta-|   Quality        |   Discarded packets               | Missed | WE
 face | tus | link level noise |  nwid  crypt   frag  retry   misc | beacon | 22
[b]wlp9s0[/b]: 0000   56.  -54.  -256        0      0      0      0     56        0

The bolded name will be what yours is called.

Please paste the command and result so I can check if the scanning command is working for you. It seems like it isn't.

As for the failure with all the images, it makes me prompt a question. Did you install NetGUI through the AUR, or through Github?
**EDIT**: That's weird! It looks like the AUR install script is not working correctly... It looks like I need to do some editing here...**/EDIT**

**EDIT 2**: Updating to version 0.7.2-3 should fix all these issues with the images. I can't look into the issue wish scanning and all the ioctl failures until I get that response smile**/EDIT2**

Last edited by pivotraze (2014-09-17 23:12:52)

#27 2014-09-30 10:59:56

chaonaut

can't start netgui 0.7.2-4:

chaonaut@laptop ~ $ netgui 

** (main.py:2821): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for GtkSource
  File "/usr/share/netgui/main.py", line 15, in <module>
    from gi.repository import Gtk, Gdk, GObject, GLib, GtkSource
ImportError: cannot import name 'GtkSource'

trying to run it in enlightenment 0.19 DE.

— love is the law, love under wheel, — said aleister crowley and typed in his terminal:
usermod -a -G wheel love

#28 2014-10-08 22:46:04

pivotraze

Sorry about that chaonaut! I am currently working on a new text editor for netgui 0.8 which will include syntax highlighting, autocompetion, and so on.

In the mean time, I forgot to add the new dependency to the PKGBUILD! You can either install gtksourceview3 yourself, or update to netgui 0.7.3. This should fix your issue. If it doesn't, let me know and I'll figure it out smile

Last edited by pivotraze (2014-10-08 22:46:22)

#29 2014-10-10 11:09:16

chaonaut

thanks for the fix. now it at least works, but there are still 2 issues:

1) it does not even start without installed libnotify, but libnotify is not listed in PKGBUILD (it installs as a dependency of notify-osd which is listed as optional).
when there is no installed libnotify, netgui complains:

ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for Notify
  File "/usr/share/netgui/main.py", line 16, in <module>
    from gi.repository import Notify
ImportError: cannot import name 'Notify'

2) preferences are not saved with the following error messages:

File "/usr/share/netgui/main.py", line 438, in OnLoad
    f = open("/usr/lib/netgui/interface.cfg", 'r')
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/lib/netgui/interface.cfg'
  File "/usr/share/netgui/main.py", line 449, in saveClicked
    f = open("/usr/lib/netgui/interface.cfg", 'r+')
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/lib/netgui/interface.cfg'

— love is the law, love under wheel, — said aleister crowley and typed in his terminal:
usermod -a -G wheel love

#30 2014-10-15 23:57:35

pivotraze

Alright, the first error should be fixed in version 0.7.3-3

The second I will work on when I have more time, but a temporary fix should be to just type the following in a terminal:

sudo touch /usr/lib/netgui/interface.cfg

This will create the file it is complaining about. This is a relatively easy fix, but I have college that I have on my plate right now, plus I'm still a bit loopy from my wisdom teeth removal

The second issue should (in theory) also be fixed now, in version 0.7.3-3, but I am not 100% sure.

Last edited by pivotraze (2014-10-16 00:11:14)

#31 2014-10-16 19:07:12

Sandro

pivotraze wrote:

Doesn't look like you are forgetting anything. Can you try running the following line of code in Terminal and tell me the output?
bash -c "source /usr/lib/network/globals; source /usr/lib/network/wpa; wpa_supplicant_scan interface 3,4,5"
Replace interface with your wireless interface (for example, wlp9s0).
If you don't know your interface name, run the following command:

cat /proc/net/wireless

It's output will look like the following:

Inter-| sta-|   Quality        |   Discarded packets               | Missed | WE
 face | tus | link level noise |  nwid  crypt   frag  retry   misc | beacon | 22
[b]wlp9s0[/b]: 0000   56.  -54.  -256        0      0      0      0     56        0

The bolded name will be what yours is called.

Please paste the command and result so I can check if the scanning command is working for you. It seems like it isn't.

As for the failure with all the images, it makes me prompt a question. Did you install NetGUI through the AUR, or through Github?
**EDIT**: That's weird! It looks like the AUR install script is not working correctly... It looks like I need to do some editing here...**/EDIT**

**EDIT 2**: Updating to version 0.7.2-3 should fix all these issues with the images. I can't look into the issue wish scanning and all the ioctl failures until I get that response smile**/EDIT2**

Hi, thank you so much for your help, I'm very sorry for not having replied before.
I ran that command and this is what I got:

/tmp/essid.Bgu6sYfW

I checked and it seems to be a file that contains the ID and the security mode of the networks around me; also, the name of the file changes everytime I run the command (but I think you already know this).

Let me know if you need anything else, and thank you again.

Last edited by Sandro (2014-10-17 11:22:34)

#32 2014-10-24 14:16:36

pivotraze

NetGUI 0.7.5 now has a desktop icon! It should show where all of your applications normally show. For example, in Gnome 3, it would be in the Activities/Show Applications menu.

@Sandro: Can you give me the output of lspci -k? Specifically of your wireless adapter?

#33 2014-10-27 18:04:54

Sandro

pivotraze wrote:

NetGUI 0.7.5 now has a desktop icon! It should show where all of your applications normally show. For example, in Gnome 3, it would be in the Activities/Show Applications menu.

@Sandro: Can you give me the output of lspci -k? Specifically of your wireless adapter?

Here it is:

08:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Foxconn International, Inc. Device e034
	Kernel driver in use: ath9k
	Kernel modules: ath9k

#34 2014-10-29 01:15:52

pivotraze

@Sandro: Hmm, I'm not 100% sure here. Do you happen to have a working netctl profile for this wireless card that I can compare the output of my programs profiles with? Also, it's possible it is selecting the wrong network security (WEP instead of WPA). That's why a working profile would work wonders to help solve this problem. If you do, send along the whole profile, but you should erase the password (and the SSID, if you want) so that stays private.

If you don't have a working profile, I will try to work something up to diagnose this issue.

#35 2014-10-29 19:33:14

Sandro

This is the profile I'm currently using (wlan0-TNCAP17DC3F):

Connection=wireless
Description='Automatically generated profile by wifi-menu'
Interface=wlan0
Security=wpa
ESSID=TNCAP17DC3F
IP=dhcp

(don't know if you actually mean this, as I can't see how it could help you out)

#36 2014-11-20 22:49:59

pivotraze

@Sandro: Also, can you post the netgui version of the profile, so I can see it is correctly setting everything? That's honestly the only thing I can think of. It also may have to do with using wpa_supplicant for scanning.

#37 2018-04-05 19:44:55

pivotraze

Hey all!

Just wanted to provide an update that I have started work on this again, and have fixed all of the issues stopping it from working altogether since the last time I updated it. It has been reuploaded to the AUR, so feel free to check it out! I will be actively working on getting the rest of the features functional.

#38 2018-04-07 19:39:04

simona70
Banned

I trued to install but It tell me:

:: netgui package(s) failed to install.
:: ensure package version does not mismatch between .SRCINFO and PKGBUILD
:: ensure package name has a VCS suffix if this is a devel package

#39 2018-04-07 23:13:56

pivotraze

@simona70: I rebuilt both the PKGBUILD and the .SRCINFO, so please give it another shot smile

Board footer